Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Best Bridal Shower In The History of Bridal Showers

Aloha from Virginia! I can proudly say that the bridal shower was a success! I don't want to toot our bridesmaids' horn but people keep saying that it was their favorite shower ever. I believe I said this before in an older post but I was in charge of the decorations, games, and personal touches. Katherine, the major foodie, was in charge of the brunch spread. Ashley was in charge of the desserts, the mimosa bar, and the bloody mary bar. I want to say that we had a total of 40 something women including our Bride and her maids. It was pretty crazy, pretty loud, and pretty fun! I didn't get a chance to take many pictures before everyone dug into the yummy brunch. Nor did I get many pictures of the festivities due to my hosting the games. Here is the combined collection of both mine and Ashley's shower photos. I apologize in advance for the poor quality of some of them. Enjoy!


Decorations at the entry way.


The scrapbook picture above was probably the cutest idea I came up with. It was made into a sort of guest book where each guest gave their best marriage advice to the sweet couple. Some of the entries were so sweet and touching. 

Dining room decorations and mimosa bar
The love birds after I painted them and before I added the finishing touches. I also forgot to get a picture of the Wedding Shower sign on the front door! 




Decorations



I made buttons for the bride, all of the maids, and the mamas.
The future Mrs. Hinson



Kristen and Mothers of the Bride

Kristen and her jr. bridesmaid, Emily.
Kristen and her flower girls Mackenzie and Madison.
Kristen and her maids
Kitchen and brunch



The tags for the straws


Bridesmaid Katherine showing off her mason jar.
I'm kicking myself now because I just realized that I didn't get a good picture of the bloody mary bar!! 
Here are partial shots of the bloody mary bar.

Living room decorations



Kristen's rehearsal bouquet made from all of her ribbons.



A few of the shower games.

The icebreaker game was called " Who Has The Groom" where all of he ladies opened envelopes containing some eye candy. Whoever had the groom won the first prize! 

Here are a few game pieces. We used the mustache and tiaras for a He Said/ She Said game. I sent Kristen and Robbie a bunch of questions and made a game out of their answers. Neither one of them knew the answers to the questions until I read them aloud at the party. 

The game cards for our other two games.

I'm so happy I got to throw such a special party for such a special lady! 16 days until she's a married woman and I can't wait to see her all done up in her bridal attire. Oh my goodness! My Kk is getting married!

Thank you to all those lovely ladies that attended the shower.We couldn't have had a better turn out and the giggles in the room couldn't have gotten any louder or more contagious. <333
Love you Kristen! <3


Until next post,
Erin





No comments:

Post a Comment