Thursday, March 6, 2014

Birthday Hike Tradition


Aloha, 
This past Sunday was my second birthday here on the island. Since we had such a great hike last year I wanted to repeat the same experience with even more excitement of another trail. This year we chose to go to the Pillboxes in Lanikai and boy was it beautiful! It's called The Pillbox hike because you are walking up the mountain to the old World War II pillboxes tucked away in the mountain. The military would use these concrete "boxes" to stay hidden while keeping look out in the mountains of Oahu. There are tons of them all over the island. I'd say this was my favorite hike thus far. Check out some of the sweet shots we were able to get! Thank you for all the birthday wishes!















I got this awesome VA Beach bag from a local store back home called Kitsch . Since I bought it last October, I've enjoyed taking pictures of it during my awesome travels. Here is my Virginia Beach Kitsch bag looking out onto Lanikai and Kaneohe Bay along the Pacific Ocean. 





Mahalo for reading!
Erin







No comments:

Post a Comment