Tuesday, August 26, 2014

What's Your Value?

There are very few things in this world that I hold higher than the true value of a person. Not what they are worth in the sense of money, but what they value inside that makes them their own person. I myself take pride in my kindness, my honesty, and in my loyalty. I feel those three things make up every thought or decision that sums me up as a person. I enjoy going out of my way for others. I get satisfaction in pleasing others and sometimes I feel that I forget to do things solely for myself.

I do unto others what I wish others to do unto me. I put out into the world for what I desire to gain from it. 

This sounds nice and all but it's becoming more apparent to me that in this world we live in, having those three core traits doesn't get you very far because those traits are becoming scarce. I am a modest person so therefore I am a modest competitor. Just as anyone, I enjoy the satisfaction of a win but I am okay with being the loser if I am able to have pride in what I put forth. I always have pride for how I carry myself in situations. I am always proud of myself but with such ugliness surrounding us, ready to break us down, how can one truly stand with their core values and remain positive and moving forward? I don't wish to 'get ahead,' only move to the next step forward. I am sick of being knocked down by conquests in this life and having to start over. I only wish for a constant positive life and positive growth forward. I know that I am extremely kind hearted and take entirely too much to heart but I just have to ask, how do you deal when life throws you constant negative curve balls?

I feel as though I am at an emotional standpoint in my life and the corruption of the dishonest, disloyal, and pure disrespectful are contaminating the positive energy and core values that I strive for. I can say that almost every relationship I have in my life, friend, aquantence, family, lover, foe, have some how caused me pain due to their own selfish choices or dishonesty. Does this make them bad people? No, it makes them human beings looking out for themselves. This is how the world has made us to be. I am not perfect nor will I ever claim to be. I have done wrong myself but I choose to live positively and honestly. 

How do good people truly succeed in making their dreams come true with all of the bad in the world? Without stepping on others for our own gain or compromising who they strive to be? I'm just so lost and perplexed over this because I truly wish this for myself. How do good people who make terrible choices learn to see right from wrong? All of these questions seem to have the same answer. The simple act of self reflection and continuing to make the choices that you wish to be judged for, for your character, your values, all things that make up you. I urge you to always take that chance to be a better you and see what your positive contribution does to this world. Who do you wish to be? What's your value?



Erin






*I know I don't write in such depth on here but when my mind is heavy and my heart is full I find outlets to share. Thank you for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment