Sunday, September 28, 2014

My Last Hawaiian Summer: In Photos


Aloha,

Lately I've been feeling the end of my time here in this gorgeous paradise of Oahu approaching quickly. It's been encouraging me to pack in as many adventures as I can hence my lack of love here on the blog. I'm determined that a picture is worth a thousand words so here is my last month in photos.



 My neighbor girls and I did a Mai Tai and Monet painting party and got to paint these four foot surf boards. I couldn't resist the photo op.


Brady and I visited the Hawaiian Railway Society and rode the train all the way from Kapolei to Electric Beach boarding Wainae. 



I've been on a spiritual journey these last few months trying to dig deeper within myself. One way of trying to reach that deeper piece of me has been through yoga. Our neighborhood does these yoga on the beach sessions and they were a great way to dig deep while listening to the ocean kiss the shore. 


A few of the awesome ladies in my community and I took out paddle boards on the lagoon. I couldn't help but yoga it out just to test my balance. 

Do you remember my luau post from last year? We had the pleasure of attending a year later to reenact our luau beach photo. Our terrific neighbors Mike and Christy set up a tent and a buffet of awesome food so we could munch while we watched the show. I have never, ever, in my life had such amazing neighbors. Seriously, every person living around our home is such a blessing. I'll forever miss them and the days we share in this gorgeous place. 


 

Christy, Vonnie, and I went to the Bishop Musem in Honolulu. This gorgeous piece of architecture was built by a husband and dedicated to his late wife Bernice Bishop. Talk about romance, building a $60,000 museum in the 1890's


I took myself on a day date to the Honolulu Museum of Art and I was blown away.







One of the saddest parts of the month was saying goodbye to our friend Rachel and her husband, Lance. The military brought us together for these amazing last few years and now it's taking us in different directions. I'm so very thankful of the bond we created, the adventures we had here, and the laughs we shared. Love you Rach!







Along with my "spiritual fitness" I set out on a Fit-Tember list of goals. I'm proud to say, I've almost crushed all of my goals. I still have a few more days so I'll check back in with the final numbers of my Fit-Tember. I finally got my big girl running shoes that were made for my feet and my stride. Lots of personal goals set this month. 


 


I've been getting into the wonderful benefits of essential oils. I'm still doing my oil research and It's too early to give my personal praises yet. 



Working on latte art. Yep, I still suck.


These last two weeks I've been helping our little 3rd Cup Cafe open inside of WZ Family Entertainent location in Kaimuki. This place is done up so high end with a blend of koa wood, slate, and rock walls/bar and granite countertops. It's even topped off with a brand new stainless steel L' Anna espresso machine and high tech grinder to boot! It's got our same 3rd Cup recipes, products, and baristas but in a new and fun entertaining space. If you're on the island, seriously go check it out! Or just come to the original cafe in Kunia. There's nothing quite like an original! 


Demo has also been quite the little social butterfly too. He just loves baby Penelope and his little Gobi Bear.



The scenery of my neighborhood during my evening runs shows me how lucky I am to be living here.


My sweet baby nephew Cayden Lee is growing into his sweet little three month old baby self! Look at how perfect he is! 



These cuties!

My last Lanikai Hike in July.


On my last trip from Schofield I had to pull over on the country roads to take a picture of this sunset on the Wainae Mountain Range. This has absolutely no filter. 

My girl Zabrena and I went to enjoy the airshow today at Joint base Pearl Harbor/ Hickam. I got to enjoy The Blue Angels for the millionth time since they are from my home town. It was nice to see them in such a different and patriotic place. I think I said like 5 times today, "man they make me feel so patriotic..." As hard as living this military lifestyle is it makes me so much more thankful for our military. 





Well I hope that this post has helped fill you in since my last one. I'm trying to be better but right now there's nothing like dropping the electronics and getting lost in your adventures. Specially since they are all numbered by something or another. Mahalo for reading, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment