Monday, November 17, 2014

McCombs Wedding Signs


Aloha!
 Remember last September when my girlfriend Ashley came to visit? Just before her trip her (now) fiancé Chris purposed to her. We made it our mission to make a few props for her engagement photos while she was here. I broke apart a few pallets and got all handy to make us our signs. 


I snagged a few of their engagement photos to show you our hard work. 




The signs added such a special touch to their photos that Ashley's mom Deborah contacted me to do a few more personalized signs. 


She had a handful of ideas for decorative chalkboard signs for the engagement party and wedding in May. How did people ever plan a wedding without Pinterest? It's amazing what browsing ideas on Pinterest can do for the brainstorming process! 


These two beach bums are having a beachy wedding so right away I knew I had to head down to Flora- Dec in Honolulu to grab accent goodies custom to the Atlantic ocean. When Ashley was here on her visit she seriously combed our beach for hours to find sea glass and sea treasures. That girl can find anything in the sand! Ever since then, I have been keeping my eyes out for more sea glass to use for her wedding decor. I had a pretty good collection of shells, sea glass, coral, and beach wood for these projects.



I am still kind of finding my way with my signature style for my signs but over all, I am really pleased with how the signs turned out. I am happy Ashley gets little pieces of beachy Hawaii for her big day. I know how much she adores the ocean and how much she enjoyed this little island. 




Congratulations and Happy Engagement Party Ashley and Chris! I'm sorry I wasn't able to be there but I am happy my art could stand in for me. I cant wait to see these signs displaying your love on your special day! I look forward to being apart of the best day of your lives. 

xoxo, 


Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment