Tuesday, February 3, 2015

It's Finally Here! Ask Me Anything; A Tribute To My 100th Blog Post



Aloha!
Happy 100th blog post to my little craftygirlproblems blog! In honor of this momentous occasion, I asked all of my readers to send in questions for an "Ask Me Anything" post.  It took a while for me get gather all of these awesome questions but I've finally got them! Thank you to everyone who participated and sent me these great questions. I'm just going to jump right into it! 

Britney, MD-

How long have you been "crafty" for? I have officially been creating crafty things for others since 2008 but I have crafty memories from my early teens. I suspect that I've always had my crafty visions though.


What is your favorite item to make? 
I think diaper cakes with sewn accessories would be my favorite creation. I love the hunt for themed baby accessories along with the construction and decorating. 


















What is your
favorite thing about living in Hawaii? Other than the obvious perfect weather, I'd have to say the nature and outdoor recreational activities. Hiking, snorkeling, or laying on the beach any given day of the week. 


How long do projects take you to create? This really depends on the complexity of the project.

What is your favorite color?
I used to love the color green. Now I've moved onto favorite color pallets. I can't have just one color. I want all the brown/ khaki colors!

How would you describe yourself in 5 words or less?
Creative, goofy, clumsy, organized, & thoughtful.



                   Jessica, OH- 

What is the item you are most proud of making?
I would say my nephew's baby quilt is the item I am most proud of! It took weeks of cutting and planning, along with many hours hunched over my sewing machine! I told him that he better have that thing on his bed in college.

Who taught you how to sew? 
My first sewing project was in 7th grade teen living class. So, technically a teacher taught me.



How long have you been sewing for?  My sewing started in 7th grade. So almost 15 years ago?  (Man I'm old!) I retaught myself how to sew again at 23. I could possibly be doing it all wrong and not even know it. ;)


How long does it normally take to make your most popular items? This depends heavily on my schedule and what's going on in my every day life along with the other orders in my shop. For the most part my bibs and banners only take a few hours. Maybe 2 hours of prepping a few items and 1 hour of sewing them. That's if I have all the materials I need.













                         Natalie, HI-  

100 posts!! That's exciting!
So, what is the most awesome thing you've crossed off of your Hawaii bucket list?
I know Natalie! I'm super excited about all 100 of my posts! I'd say the most awesome thing I've done is a toss up between jumping 30 feet into the ocean off of the rock at Waimea and surfing (I mean almost drowning) at Ka'ena Point on North Shore. I saw 4 sea turtles while paddling out. The north coast is beautiful from out in the water. Although I was completely inexperienced in surfing those types of waves I loved the rush of being out there and taking in the beauty of the island.

                 Kit, HI- 

What's a skill you really want to master that's tough for you? I really, really wish that I had the natural ability to throw clay on a pottery wheel. Brady and I took a class the first few months I was on the island and It was so fun yet extremely challenging.








What's something you just haven't tackled yet, but that's on your list? 
I really want to learn how to weld! I'm not talking huge hunks of metal. Maybe some furniture pieces and definitely decorative knick knacks! 

Rachel, MI- 

What has been your favorite blog post so far? My most difficult to write and most favorite post is 'What Three Years Strong Really Means.' This is a post telling the story of my godson Colton's near drowning accident.

What is your favorite thing about blogging? First and foremost, my posts about Near Drowning have been my highest viewed and most shared all around the globe. Spreading awareness is the most important thing I've done with this blog so therefore my favorite thing about it.

My second favorite thing about blogging would be sharing my adventures of this gorgeous place.





What is your favorite craft to make? 
I love to make a good diaper cake. Or  a bib/ banner set. 














What's the first major crafting you can remember doing? My first major style of crafting that I can remember doing would be scrap booking! I made a scrap book from my trip to my Dad's house and then another of a huge family vacation to Disney World. My cousins used to joke me because I'd always say, " I'll keep that for my scrap book." Now that I'm thinking of it, I've always been a craft hoarder. That explains my amazing fabric stash. 

Kaye-Loni,  CA-
What's the number one thing on your bucket list? A few years ago I actually created a bucket list and I keep crossing things off of it every year. My number one thing would be traveling the world. That and to create a home and grow my own clean food and become the crazy natural oil lady with children who also love to sew.

What got you into crafting? 
I love to give meaningful gifts to my loved ones for special occasions. There's no better reason to start crafting and creating a 

What's your least favorite type of arts and craft activity? I like minimal painting/ lettering but my hand is very unsteady when it's a big project. I'd have to say painting is my least favorite activity due to the concentration and steadiness that is required. 

If you could live anywhere, where and why? I have so many places I'd love to live! I'd love to live in Italy. I love the  natural beauty, wine, carbs, romance,  and Europe in general. I want to live in the Caribbean because it's got my favorite parts of Hawaii (the nature and climate) and  it's so much cheaper. I'm making Brady happy with this next one... I'd love to live in a little old house in the woods along a lake in Michigan. I'd love to live in California because of its beauty and outdoor activities. Hawaii and the Navy has taught me that living in awesome places for a few years is the best way to experience all the different ways living.


What's the hardest thing about blogging? Blogging in general is tough. My biggest challenge is making time and taking photos for posts.  Keeping a schedule is key and honestly, I suck at it! The writing part is really therapeutic .

Kelley, NJ-

What do you love to do most/ what will you miss the most about Hawaii?  Brady and I are such old souls. We are regulars at the vintage shops and collector's shows. Also, we are always gathering neat collectibles at flea markets and swap meets. We have a stock pile of vintage radios and albums and just awesome randoms. The hunt for the goodies is my favorite!  I'll miss our weekend adventures exploring the old shops on the island. I'll miss the sunshine. 

What is your favorite material? BURLAP! Hands down! Canvas is the runner up.



 Favorite pattern/print?  All depends on my mood and the day! I get my inspiration for a piece directly from the print/ fabric.

And with that, I'll go ahead and bring this post to a close. 


To all of you who sent me questions and continue to support my blog, thank you so much! I look forward to your feedback and I hope you enjoy my answers.  

Mahalo,

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment