Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Our New Years Eve Engagement

WE GOT ENGAGED!!





As the clock struck midnight bringing in 2015, Brady got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife!  

After months of secretly planning and telling everyone (unbeknown to me) he set his plan in motion on New Years Eve. "We" had plans to get dressed up and head down to this little beach bar in Waikiki and lay in the sand to watch the fireworks. As our taxi pulled up to the house Brady told the cabbie to bring us to The Top of Waikiki, a rotating restaurant with a 360 degree view overlooking the whole city. 


This restaurant has been on our must see list for some time. We were both very excited walking through the hallway of festive balloons. The view of the city was absolutely breathtaking. After a gorgeous two hour, five course meal and cocktails, we waited for the New Year to come hoping our table was aligned for viewing the fireworks. We talked about our adventures, our dreams, and our hopes for the future. 






During the last minute of 2014 the dinner crowd grew rowdy blowing horns ready for the count down to begin. As the clock struck midnight, vibrant colors were shot into the sky from two points on the beach. I looked over my shoulder to see the colors and felt Brady tugging on my hand to get my attention. When I looked back to him he was settled in front of me on one knee holding this gorgeous engagement ring asking me to marry him. Of all the excitement  in the room, ours was the strongest. 








The noisy room faded away along with the fireworks. For a few short moments we were the only ones in the room giddy with love and admiration. 

My best friend, my love, and now my fiance. Happy 2015! 




Brady had one of the employees take a video of the proposal. Although the quality is poor due to lighting, It's really amazing to have it on film. 




This was truly a night we will always remember. The first night of the rest of our lives.
 -Erin




No comments:

Post a Comment